Saturday, November 19, 2011

IS IT JUST WALKING?

IS IT JUST WALKING?

-Muaz Ahamed Fathahullah-

Do you enjoy walking? You may think that Muaz is mad? Because of asking like this in this modern world, where people hate to walk. Don’t you know that many enjoy their walk by watching here and there while walking? But here, I am trying to say something different.

Before start writing this blog I wish to say that I am not going to show me as a perfect guy here. But I am trying to be perfect. Here I like to share something that I gained from experience.

In this busy world, I am too busy with my daily tight schedule with studying, working, blogging and so. But somehow I used to remember the Lord (Thasbeeh) with some memorized and learnt verses by repeating them several times, although I remember Him in each an every work, other than praising Him.

I also used to convey the peace on my beloved Prophet (Salawath) with some memorized and learnt verses by repeating them several times, other than when listened his name.

And, also I used to ask forgiveness from God (Isthihfar) with some memorized and learnt verses by repeating them several times, other than my Duas after the prayers.

I also used to recite some memorized and learnt verses from Qur’an and Duas from Sunnah (examples from Prophets Life), which is to be recited in the morning and evening. (Mahsoorath – a set of Dhikrs)

Now! Some may think like this, “I hardly allocate time for prayers, so how I can offer something in addition to that (i.e. the things I said before)’’. They know that these things won’t take much time. But they are not yet off to get those single minutes.

Let’s see.

As I mentioned above, if I consider my daily schedule, as a student; I am such a busy person with my studies all the time. As I should take part in my dad’s business; I am little bit busy with company accounts. As I am an associate member of a Student Movement (Sri Lanka Islamic Students’ Movement); I take time for those works in branch vise and region vise. In addition to this, as I am a writer; I also used to allocate time to write articles. And I also used to blog.

So how I do that? I know it’s really hard. And also you may be so much busier than me. But just calculate how many hours do you waste in a day. Anyhow just leave it as a rest, as everyone needs rest. But it should be in a limit. Ok. I am coming to my point.

As I having a wish to do those deeds (Dhikr) which I said above, somehow before the day ends, I tried several types of things to do so. At first I tried to do that (Dhikr) after finishing my every works for the day, as lying on the bed, because almost it gets late to finish my works. But I didn’t satisfy on that idea, because I fell asleep before completing those deeds. Also I won’t remember up to which stage I have completed.

Then I tried to do when I was studying and also when I was working. Oh no! It was really hard, because I have to concentrate in those works and studies with my whole mind. Also those deeds (Dhikr) are not just words do recite but I believe that it has the value when we recite it with remembering the true meaning hidden behind those verses. That’s why I said above as memorized and learnt verses. So this is another work.

Later upon I tried this when I was Online, as I was managing my pages in face book, as I was on some important chats, as I was checking my mails and so on. But I couldn’t get the real value of those deeds (Dhikr).

Then I tried when I used to write articles. But it’s too not easy. I tried when I was exercising. No, I couldn’t. So the days passed like that without completing those deeds.

One day as I was walking to masjid (mosque) for the evening prayers (Magrib), I got an important call through my hotline. I just click to accept and began to answer them. That was a long chat up to 4 or 5 minutes. I reached the masjid as the chat ends.

Later on I got the same call again when I was doing some accounts. I answered. When I keep the phone I found that I have stopped doing my accounts. For a while I just kept those accounts aside and started to think. This is may be because of my research about the time and about doing two things at a time. That was a deep thought. The funny thing on this is that, I haven’t started my research officially. But at the end felt that I have gone through a big research in last couple of days. Finally I came to a conclusion.

I have found a source to complete my deeds (Dhikr). That was walking. I realized the theory of walking. It was not another work. I found it as a schedule where the start and the end marked. If I can walk while holding on an important call, why can’t do my deeds there? I just tried this on my next walk for the night prayers (Isha).

I felt relax. I just enjoyed my walk. I didn’t watch here and there. I didn’t read the name boards of the shops and I didn’t feel strange. As I got to mosque I have completed the most part of my wish. While returning, I finished another part. That was a happiest day in my life.

As I reached home, I just took a piece of paper and wrote down the situations where I used to walk. I used to walk a lot inside my office; I walk a lot inside the college; I walk to masjid in evening; and so. Somehow I found a way out and started to implement the result of my research.

It’s not just walking.

Also I have found some alternative ways too. It’s when I am cycling and when I am traveling. May be you have experienced it before. But anyhow I just wish to share my experience.

6 comments:

  1. MashaAllah.. for a youngster of this age would hardly at least even imagine of doing such a great deed brother..!! I was overwhelmed by your high level Eeman, Al-Hamdulillah.. keep up the great work.. May Allah reward you abundantly here and hereafter, Ameen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on blogging for the sake of Allah..MashaAllah, Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jazakallahu Khairan Irfan Bro and Amina Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. jazakallahu khairan muaz bhai :) though i'm elder than you by age, i have alot to learn from you. and i've learnt one now Alhamdulillah :) making use of useless times.. :) i tried reciting surah Al-muzzamil while i'm off to masjid :) guess what???? i could do it twice up and twice down :) jazakallahu khairan bro :) May Allah help you do this work more and more and teach people like us :)

    - jufali ibn hamza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barakallah Jufali bro. I will Insha Allah keep gng on with ur support bro..

    ReplyDelete