Monday, December 5, 2011

A SMILE

A SMILE
-Muaz Ahamed Fathahullah-
One of my face book mate, Zayd Mohammed always used to say ‘Keep smiling; it’s a Sunnah’. I see that verse as a footer, In each and every status and in comments. At first I didn’t care much on that line although I knew it’s a Hadeeth, as Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) said that “Smiling is a sadaka (a spiritual offering)”. I felt  that  smiling is a simple thing with no cost. Yeah, it’s true. My argument is correct.
But later on, as days passed by I got what it is really meant. Since I was small I used to be with the smiling face, where I am so much calm unless at home.

One day, it was on a leadership training programme where only selected 30 youths from all over the island participated. As I mentioned in my last blog it was the 10 days residential Human resource development programme. On the third day I had to do an individual session there. Those individual sessions had a habit of commenting and suggesting. As the coordinator asked my co-fellows there “what is the special on him”, pointing me on the stage, at once they all replied chorus as “Smile”. Hmmm. Is it a special thing? I asked on me again and again whole out the session. But I didn’t find anything interesting there.

I just kept on my smile unchanged although my mind was disturbed by their comments and answers. They said the best, but I felt odd because of my thoughts. The day after, they have organized a funny election, to select the person with the best attitudes. It was a surprise again. I have selected in the top list where only me and one of my friend were backed up with a vote different. And the thing is, he was selected by votes for his presenting ability and leadership skills. Most of them voted me for my smile, which they say it attracts everyone soon…
What a mirracle! Smile!

Then only I got, what an attitude it is. I mean smiling. Also I understood that how a society expects in such views. I realized that it has a power to do many things, as to think is it a kind of hypnotizing because I found that most of the participants moved with me very close on those days. Now I know that smile can easily make people close. It is alluring.
Now they kindly call me as the king of Smile. Praise be to Allah.

Also now I can proudly say that I know the perfect meaning of some verses where I didn’t bother much in some songs.
Zain Bhikha, in his song, ‘Let’s spark a change’, he says like this, “All we need to smile at each other”. And then he says, “God’s help will come from above”. Yes, he is true, because unity makes so and smile makes people close.

Sami Yusuf, in his song, ‘Healing’, he says, “A smile can change a life. Let’s start believing. Let’s start healing. Now I believe so.
Most of all I wish to share these verses by Michael Jackson in his song ‘Smile’, “Smile though your heart is aching – Smile even though it’s breaking – You’ll find that life’s still worthwhile if you’ll just light up your face with gladness. I hope that I don’t want to explain this where it has a perfect reason.

An attitude which all have and less know to express. Keep Smiling, It is interesting.
Thanks a lot to my friend Zayd.

5 comments:

  1. JAZAKALLAH for this beautiful truth,bro and i believe this is your best post yet!!Maasha allah! Keep 'em coming!! - Sh Hafreth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barakallahu feek sis Hafreth. Jazakallah for ur support. i was planned to write this 3 months before and i informed it to sis Lubna. but just yesterday i could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great...when experience talks so honestly and with the aim of motivating others for Allah's sake, it really shows in the material...keep sharing ur experiences brother...it helps all of us...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok sis..Insha Allah...And hope ur support will be with us forever... Jazakallah

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's 'one of the best' Posts Muaz Bro, Masha allah Well Done.

    ReplyDelete